Owner / President / Administrator
Amber was raised in Aspen, Colorado and graduated from Aspen High School early at age 17 to join the US Navy in 2000. Amber spent 5 years as a US Navy Hospital Corpsman and served in Fallujah Iraq as a Combat Corpsman for the US Marine Corps. After her service, she attended CU Boulder before returning home to Aspen. In 2006 she started doing private home health caregiving locally. She always wanted to start her own agency and with the knowledge and experience over the years Amber took steps to open her own. Sopris Home Care was licensed by the State Health Department on January 19th 2012. She has enjoyed growing her agency with the assistance of her mother, her friends, and many experienced caregivers. Amber is fulfilling her passion to support the needs of the valley which she grew up in and loves.
IN HOME CARE FOR SENIORS, PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- Experience in many various types of medical care since 2000.
- Personal caregiving for in-home health care needs since 2006.
- Extensive experience in managing home care agencies since 2009.
- Raised locally, graduated Aspen High School early and joined the Military at age 17.
WORK EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Sopris Home Care was licensed and has been in business since January 19th 2012
- 2 different Home Care Agency Start-Ups and Licensing received from State Health Dept.
- US Navy Hospital Corpsman & in Iraq served as a Field Combat Corpsman with the US Marine Corps from 2000-2005.
- Medical Assistant for Aspen’s busy long time local Internist, Dr. Ann Mass from 2006-2009.
- American Registry Medical Assistant, EMT National Certification, BLS Provider.
- Phlebotomist, IV Certification, Medication Administration Certification.
- US Navy HM3 and 8404 Marine Combat Hospital Corpsman.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Amber, I would be remiss if I failed to put in writing what I told you before I left Aspen. You and your team, Tobie and both Amanda’s, were absolutely marvelous. Their concern, attention and good humor helped me make it through the long days and nights after I left the hospital. Right up to the minute I boarded the plane, they watched over me to insure my safety and recovery. Please express my appreciation to all of them and yourself for the TLC they gave me. Kindest regards,
Words almost fail to express the gift Amber and Sopris Home Care were to our family when we so desperately needed it…and needed help immediately. Amber came as soon as I called her and she placed a wonderful, kind and intuitive woman with us the very next morning. Sopris is a first class organization from start to finish! An extremely satisfied client…
When needing care for a loved one at home, consider Sopris Home Care. They provided care for a loved one for me and the care provided was like it was their family member. Thank you so much.